Thursday, August 03, 2006
Saturday, July 15, 2006
On a good day, I eat:
breakfast: smoothie (frozen blueberries, banana, flax meal, stevia, cinnamon, fiber supplement, soymilk), decaf coffee
lunch: a BIG salad first (various veggies, sometimes beans, sunflower seeds, homemade dressing), then smaller serving of other foods (tofu, whole-grain wrap, or leftovers)
dinner: various things, but mostly homemade with lots of vegetables.
I left out any snacks, but I recently discovered this and this. They're so good, I keep checking the label to see that they really don't have dairy in them!
Friday, May 05, 2006
I have decided not to go back to Dr. Alt Medicine for now- mostly due to the cost. I have been convinced all along that my minor health issues could be greatly improved by modifying my diet, so I'll give it a go. Meanwhile, allergy season is in full "bloom" here, but I'm taking my allergy medication religiously.
Comments, please: has anyone else found that eating low glycemic index foods reduces their migraines?
Friday, April 07, 2006
- Chicago - headache on the drive there (from Small Town, of course)
- Mexico City - bad air quality, hot weather - no headache
- San Diego - sunny, windy, bad allergies, a cold - no headache
- back home to Small Town - headaches return!
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Monday, March 20, 2006
We're celebrating spring with a winter storm warning!
From Weather Underground:
*Winter Weather Statement*
Expires 8:15 PM EST on
Statement as of on
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from this evening
A mix of snow... sleet and freezing rain is expected to develop
after tonight. This wintry mix will change to snow early
on Tuesday. Total snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches is expected
by Tuesday evening.
conditions are imminent or highly likely.
Monday, March 06, 2006
- breakfast- whole-grain cold cereal with Silk
- lunch- Indian buffet!
- dinner (still full from Indian)- sandwich (fake meat, cheese on whole wheat)
- other- chocolate (above) and hot cocoa (Dutch cocoa, organic sugar, vanilla Silk) Do you notice a theme, here?
Sunday, March 05, 2006
More food tracking for yesterday:
- breakfast- sesame bagel with hummus, decaf coffee
- lunch- leftovers (tofu casserole, penne with vodka sauce), yogurt with bananas
- dinner- Thai food (spring rolls, spicy green bean tofu, vegetable curry)
- snack during a movie- popcorn with nutritional yeast and one beer (Sam Adams)
Saturday, March 04, 2006
What I ate yesterday after breakfast:
Friday, March 03, 2006
I'll keep you posted!
Thursday, March 02, 2006
One other thing I remembered about yesterday's eating: I had lunch out (Mexican- cheese enchilada with rice & beans).
OK- back to work (since I lost all morning!)
- weather change- pressure is rising, temperature is falling
- allergies- I seem to be having allergy symptoms lately
- hormones- it's about that time of the month
- food- nothing out of the ordinary today or yesterday